During the current pandemic, training is being delivered on line.
I am a highly experienced and accredited trainer, with a track record of delivering training to a wide variety of audiences, including statutory, voluntary and third sector settings. Recent audiences have included:
- Health and Social Care organisations
- Solicitors firms
- Finance houses
- Residential care
- Central and Local government groups
I am accredited by COSCA (the Professional Body for Counselling and Psychotherapy in Scotland) to deliver counselling training at Certificate level.
I am a senior member of the Cruse Scotland training team, and write and deliver traing for both Cruse Scotland Cruse UK.
Recent topics for training courses have included:
- Understanding loss and grief
- Developing skills in bereavement support
- Supporting bereaved colleagues
- Grief in the couselling room
- Meaningful funerals
- Funeral Poverty
- "More Questions Than Answers" - supporting people bereaved by suicide
Following the recent publication of draft guidance on vulnerable customers by the Financial Conduct Authority, I am currently offering a course on:
"Understanding and Supporting the Bereaved Client"
Please contact me if you are interested in this training for your organisation.
Comments from recent courses included:
- "I think this was a particularly interesting and enjoyable talk and very relevant both professionally and personally.
- "Excellent speaker who clearly knew his subject."
- "Interesting and thought provoking presentation"
- "Our team feel the benefit of a better understanding when dealing with bereaved families."
- "I am confident I will retain and use the practical and theoratical elements of the training in the future."
- "I found the session very helpful and feel more able to talk to patients who have recently had a family death.
If you, or your staff, could benefit from developing skills in this area, please get in touch, using the contact form to explore how we could work together.